Year End Awards Rules
Please download award forms from our "forms page"
Deadline for 2023 submissions:
October 7, 2023
Rules for Year End Awards
Rider must be a CURRENT member of NHDEA when score is earned for scores to be eligible
All Dressage competitors MUST compete in one of the NHDEA dressage schooling shows and submit a score to be considered for awards
Eventing and combined training competitors may submit scores from 3 phase shows that follow USEA rules. Club members may choose to attend any show which is open to the public (no in house schooling shows) and have their scores count toward year end award.
Horse/Rider combinations who have previously won a year end division ARE NOT eligible in that division (e.g. Intro Champion horse/rider combination may not submit scores for Intro). Horse/Rider combinations may submit scores for 2 consecutive levels (e.g. Training/First)
Scores must be submitted on official score tracking forms. Score tracking forms are available on our web site.
Scores need to be earned by one horse and rider combination. Scores submitted from multiple horses will not be accepted
Junior/Young Rider Division. Junior and Young Riders will be combined into one Division defined as follows: For purposes of competition in the [USEF] Dressage Division: Individuals are eligible as Juniors until the end of the calendar year in which they reach the age of 18. Individuals are eligible as Young Riders from the beginning of the calendar year in which they reach the age of 16 until the end of the calendar year in which they reach the age of 21. Competitors shall compete as Adults from the beginning of the calendar year in which they reach the age of 22.
- Junior/Young Rider: Intro through Fourth Level
- Adult: Intro through Fourth Level
Combined Training/ Eventing
- Junior/Young Rider: Pre-Elementary through Training
- Adult: Pre-Elementary through Training
- For Dressage submit your highest THREE scores from THREE different rides, from at least TWO different judges. Competitors must submit at least one score from a NHDEA schooling show
- The average of the three scores will be used
- For Combined Training/Eventing, you must submit THREE scores from THREE different competitions. Scores must be from 2 (or 3) phase shows following USEA rules. Submit the total penalty score from the competition (all phases – dressage, stadium & XC if applicable). For Combined Training and Eventing ONLY, competitors may choose to attend any show which is open to the public (no in-house schooling shows).
- Dressage scores submitted for CT MAY NOT be submitted for Dressage Year End Awards
- Eligibility: Scores MUST BE postmarked by closing date
- Submission of Scores: Submit scores sheets directly to: TBD
Submissions MUST include:
- Rider name, address, phone number, e-mail address and horse's name
- Name , location and date of competition
- For Dressage: a copy of the test ridden including collective marks, the final percentage and name & signature of judge
- For Eventing/CT the level ridden, a copy of the front of your dressage test + your penalty scores from stadium & XC
- You must submit a COPY of the front page of your tests (it should include all of the information mentioned above). Please DO NOT submit original tests. Score sheets must include the above information to be eligible.
Telephoned, illegible, incomplete, incorrect or late submissions will not be eligible!
- Dressage: The average of your three tests will become the rider’s final score. This means that the 3 scores will be added together and divided by 3. Collective marks will be used to break a tie.
- Eventing/CT: The average of the three scores submitted will be used as the rider’s final score. Scores submitted must include penalties from all phases (dressage, stadium & XC if applicable)
Awards will be presented at the NHDEA banquet in November
If you have any questions please contact:
ANY SCORE SHEET ARRIVING AFTER THE CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
2017 Year End Award Results
2016 Year End Award Results
2015 Year End Awards Results.